Our Ice Cream:
Imagine setting out to make the perfect Ice Cream. You start with the highest butterfat cream available. Next, you make sure the air content is low to make it very, very dense. Choose the best blissful ingredients. Add these by hand to make small batches of your favourite flavours. Once you have tasted your creations, you think of some more scrumptious ideas and continue on until you have a veritable abundance of choice. One mouthful of MacKay’s Ice Cream will convince you that this is exactly the delightful method we use to make our premium Ice Cream. Our Cochrane factory is where we set out to make our perfect ice cream every day.
Our more notable Flavour Graveyard: (Gone from our regular lineup, but forever in our recipe book)
- Dill Pickle
- Ginger with candied ginger
- Spotted Cow
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Mayan Chocolate
Ice Cream Ingredients
- 16 -18% butterfat – Premium Ice Cream category.
- Finest quality ingredients – such as Fresh 100% Western Canadian Cream, Dutch double dark cocoa, fresh Alberta grown fruit, such as haskap berries, strawberries and rhubarb
Ice Cream Manufacturing
- All products are manufactured locally in our production facility in Cochrane.
- We use batch ice cream machines to produce two 11.4 litre tubs at a time.
- Blast freezers rapidly freeze the ice cream to -30°c to lock in flavour.
- All ripples, candies and nuts are added by hand.
- Effective June 2019, the Federal Government introduced the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR), MacKay’s is now licenced under this regulation.
- We have a full time Quality Assurance person and in-house microbiology testing to ensure safety.